Glint Media Limited (‘we’ and ‘our’), the owners and operators of Menu Guide, take your privacy seriously and are committed to keeping your personal data safe. This privacy notice applies to our website: https://menuguide.pro (‘website’) and its subdomains, and the services we provide (‘services’). If you have any questions or concerns about your personal data, please contact us.
The data controller for the personal information we process is Glint Media Limited, Registered in England and Wales, Company No. 11325743. Postal address: 42 Midway, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL3 4BQ, Email: [email protected], Telephone: 0844 678 0135. Our data protection officer is Philip Kenchington.
We set out below the personal data which we collect from you and you may provide to us, how we process it, and your data protection rights. If you use our website. please read our policy on Cookies which is published at: https://menuguide.pro/cookie-policy.
1. Information we collect about you
- Most of the personal data we process is provided to us directly by you when you visit our website and use our services:
Making an enquiry, information request or complaint to us: If you contact us with an enquiry, information request or complaint we collect information, including your personal data. The contact form on our website asks for your name, email address, phone number, organisation and brief message.
- Using our services: If you use our services, you be asked to provide information as follows:
- – Registration information: If you access free or paid services provided by us, you need to create a Menu Guide account. Our online registration form asks for your first and last names, business name, phone number, email address and secure password.
- – Billing and communications information: If you purchase our services, you will be asked to provide us with payment and billing information. We use Stripe, Inc to process payments – see their privacy notice.
2. How we use information about you
We use your personal data primarily to provide you with services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. This may include the following:
- Operations: to send you communications concerning your account status, service updates and other operational issues.
- Support: to provide information you request, technical support and assistance relating to our website or services by email or phone.
- Development: to enhance our websites and services, improve user experience and develop more effective features and tools.
- Marketing: with your consent, to send you information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out at any time.
- Legal: to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, to exercise or defend our legal rights, or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
3. Data security, sharing and storage
The transmission of information via the internet is not always secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website or to us by email; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. All the personal data you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (EEA). It is not shared with any third parties.
Where you have created a password that enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone and let us know immediately if you think it has been compromised.
We aim to keep data for as long as we need to, in order to manage your relationship with us and comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Your personal data will be retained while you are using our services and for up to five years after your account or service has closed or ceased.
4. Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights we would like to make you aware of. The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information. You can read more about this on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
- – You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. This privacy notice aims to provide you with the information needed to allow you to see how and why your personal data is used.
- – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also ask us to erase your personal data but please note that there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it.
- – You may also object to, and request that we restrict, our processing of your personal information but, again, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to refuse your request.
- – Where we rely on your consent to process any of your information, you have a right to withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect any use we have made of the information before you withdrew your consent.
- – You have the right to complain to the data protection regulator for the UK – the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. Links to other websites and use of third-party content
Where we provide links to websites of other organisations, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation processes personal data. We encourage you to read the privacy notices on the other websites you visit. We may embed external content from third-party websites, such as YouTube, into our website. This content is not published on https://menuguide.pro. It is delivered using devices and services provided by such third-party sites that can be inserted into our website and we are not responsible for this content.
6. Changes to our privacy notice
We keep this privacy notice under regular review. Questions, comments and requests are welcomed.
Last reviewed and updated: 26 March 2019